If you are considering a home repair project, it is essential to know that the roof is the key to protect the house from bad weather. The durability of the roof, the installation and the quality of the materials are of the utmost importance.
In the following lines, we will briefly present the basic elements of a roofing system.
- The resistance structure. We recommend that you pay maximum attention to choosing an efficient cover, taking into account its weight, because the resistance structure must be able to bear it. Generally, the frames are made of wood, but can also be made from metal or concrete, which makes them more resistant to humidity.
- Thermal insulation plays a significant role, especially when the attic is used for living or storing various objects. You have many solutions for efficient thermal insulation, including: mineral wool, polystyrene, foam etc.
- Protective foils. By installing anti-condensation membranes you will have the protection needed to keep water infiltration at a distance.
- Roof cover. The variety of materials from which a cover can be made offers you multiple possibilities to have a great roof above your head, appropriate to the climate in your area.
- Pluvial system – this typically consists in gutters and downspouts – elements that contribute to water evacuation, preventing infiltrations, ice dams and icicles
Ask respected roof repair Lawrenceville contractors to complete a roofing inspection to ensure your roof is operating at its best to protect your home.